Everyday feel good foods: You’d be forgiven for expecting me to write about downing a bottle of wine here. It’s kinda what I feel like now. But in the long run…wait strike that, the short run too…the Liver gets stressed and Qi stagnation will result, exasperating the blues. Melancholy, despair and depression are experienced in the mind but rooted in stagnant Liver energy. I woke up a little Qi stagnant today.
Everyone experiences mild depression occasionally. So what does one reach for when you want to gnaw on something so your emotions don’t gnaw away at you? Brown rice, cucumber, apples, cabbage, fresh wheat germ, green foods, apple cider vinegar all have a calming effect on the mind. A little tip if you’re feeling “stagnant” like me: take 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in a little water up to 3 times daily.
~ Recipe ~
- 3/4 c raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1/4 c warm water (I do this to take the chill off it – protect the digestion)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or linseeds (or both)
- 4 – 5 drops stevia (I used a vanilla infused stevia)
- Dessert spoon of coconut oil
- Shredded coconut and fresh seasonal fruit and yoghurt to garnish
- The night before, soak buckwheat in plenty of water.
- The next day after soaking, rinse well in a strainer several times.
- With a stick blender and jug, blend the buckwheat, almond milk, water, seeds, and stevia.
- Process until combined and slightly smooth.
- Scoop into bowls or parfait glasses and add your desired toppings
Adapted from Ohsheglows.com