Gosh, I remember the days when I hated these things. Oh how times have changed! Brussels can make an impressive side dish with the right treatment. Here’s one of my faves…
- Remove stem, quarter and wash the sprouts
- Blanch in salted water until slightly soft
- Melt a nob of butter in a fry pan, once hot add blanched sprouts
- Saute on high for about a minute or two flicking the pan to coat sprouts with the butter, then turn off heat
- Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds and dot some marinated feta
Quick health facts: sesame seeds are high in calcium and great for tonifying the Kidneys. Brussels sprouts are also high in Vit C and come from the cruciferous family, sporting the same anti-cancer properties.